Threads

Doing 100 'do 100 things' challenges

9 tweets · November 2022 · 31 likes · 0 retweets · read on Twitter

do 100 "do 100 things" I embarked on this challenge in May 2022 I'm tracking it privately in a spreadsheet called "DoubleVisa 100×100", but figured I'd make a public thread to log bigger picture progress

I started by taking credit for having already written 100 blog posts, since that's a classic challenge that Visa often issues people (as do I, although my more usual trick is challenging people to even make a blog in the first place)

Malcolm Ocean 🏴‍☠️ @Malcolm_Ocean ·

your first problem is you don't have a blog twitter.com/Malcolm_Ocean/…

the other already-done 100 I counted was this threadapalooza of "what if it were good tho?" ideas (I now phrase this "what if we made it good tho?" since it's less ambiguous)

Malcolm Ocean 🏴‍☠️ @Malcolm_Ocean ·

100 tweets on "what if it were good tho?" (for @threadapalooza 2022) Assigned to me by the @visakanv voice in my head when I asked actual-Visa "wanna gimme a topic?" Feel free to request things to make good! Aiming to do 100 different products/apps/systems/services etc.

I could have included "write 100 songs" or something, which is another thing I've already done, but I didn't, and I don't think I'm about to now. I do have a "release 100 more songs" (counting since the start of 2022) which has hit 3 so far

Sept 17: 362/10,000 things done 19/100 challenges started

Malcolm Ocean 🏴‍☠️ @Malcolm_Ocean ·

@ladymcscope

Nov 8: 405/10,000 things done 21/100 challenges started 49/100 vids (my main focus, currently in my twitter name) one of my new challenges is "100 angers expressed", which is really satisfying so far (I'm already at 5!)

some of these I'm doing to really try to encourage myself to do more of them others I'm doing more because I think I'll learn something from intentionally tracking it, eg 100 sangrias (I love sangria, but they vary a lot) or U-intros

Malcolm Ocean 🏴‍☠️ @Malcolm_Ocean ·

U-introduction: when you and a friend introduce two *other* friends to each other |_| shaped most commonly used when you realize you both know an interesting person in a particular city

huh, yeah, there really is a whole thing about intentionality here intentionality is about experiencing whatever you're doing as part of a learning process that will inform the rest of your life

Intend (12/100 threads) @IntendApp ·

Intentionality is about connecting the dots between the actions you’re taking right now, in each moment, & the epic future you want to live in, that those actions are helping bring about. It’s about seeing exciting new opportunities appear as you get clearer where you’re going.

hit 61/100 vids and it felt viscerally like a turning point to the home stretch maybe in part because I was adding 3 at once at the same time I crossed 500/10000 of my 100×100 that's 5%!